By HealthPrep Staff
Health and wellness might seem like a fairly straightforward and factual subject, but there is quite a lot of debate once you get further into the details of living a healthy lifestyle. In most cases, this just leads to minor debates about things like whether or not low-carb diets are healthy. However, some people take it way too far and end up believing in wild conspiracy theories. These sort of ideas typically focus on the idea that big companies or governments are intentionally deceiving people about commonly believed health concepts. Health conspiracy theories are particularly dangerous because they can cause individuals to make unsafe decisions regarding their health. As crazy as it might seem, some people actually believe these five myths about health. Since they were first introduced in the 1800s, vaccines have been the source of many conspiracy theories. Those who are wary of medical regulations and scientific innovation tend to see vaccines as some sort of dangerous, unknown substance that medical doctors keep pushing on an unsuspecting public. Despite overwhelming proof that vaccinations are safe, conspiracy theorists grab onto any tiny shred of risk associated with vaccinations and use this to demonstrate their claims that vaccines cause autism and are a source of population control. This can lead to a lot of trouble. For example, the study claiming that vaccines cause autism has been routinely disproven and the author is forbidden from practicing medicine due to his data falsifying, yet countless parents are now skipping vaccines. Some people take it a step further and suggest that vaccines are actually a form of population control. Depending on which conspiracy you look into, some people say vaccines kill directly or limit fertility. Keep reading to uncover what is lurking in our water. more...
CIA Acknowledges Ties to Pinochet’s Repression - After twenty-seven years of withholding details about covert activities following the 1973 military coup in Chile, the CIA released a report yesterday acknowledging its close relations with General Augusto Pinochet’s violent regime. The report, “CIA Activities in Chile,” revealed for the first time that the head of the Chile’s feared secret police, DINA, was a paid CIA asset in 1975, and that CIA contacts continued with him long after he dispatched his agents to Washington D.C. to assassinate former Chilean Ambassador Orlando Letelier and his 25-year old American associate, Ronni Karpen Moffitt. “CIA actively supported the military Junta after the overthrow of Allende,” the report states. “Many of Pinochet’s officers were involved in systematic and widespread human rights abuses....Some of these were contacts or agents of the CIA or US military.” C.I.A. & Drugs - The United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has been accused of involvement in drug trafficking. Books and investigations on the subject that have received general notice include works by historian Alfred McCoy; professor and diplomat Peter Dale Scott; and journalists Gary Webb, Michael C. Ruppert and Alexander Cockburn, as well as by writer Larry Collins. These claims have led to investigations by the United States government, including hearings and reports by the United States House of Representatives, Senate, Department of Justice, and the CIA's Office of the Inspector General. The subject remains controversial.
We explain, debunk, and demonstrate the harm that conspiracy theories can do.
Ed Wilson's Revenge - The Biggest CIA Scandal in History Has Its Feet in the Starting Blocks in a Houston Court House. An example of how plausible deniability worked for the CIA - their 3rd most senior CIA official produces an affidavit that they had had no dealings with Edwin Wilson since 1971. Although legions of insiders knew this was a lie, the court accepted it. Finally exposed as a lie almost 20 years later, all those who lied in court are given immunity. Conspiracy Digest - Real news that connects the dots between criminal corporate and government networks. Conspriracy Planet - The Alternative News & History Network. Conspiracy theories, links, news and more. Conspiracy Theories - Conspiracy theories, politics, government cover-ups, ufo cover-ups, bad legislation, conspiracy humor, important information. Conspiracy Theories
- Parcast - The truth is rarely the best story. And when it’s not the only story, the truth deserves another look. Every Wednesday, we tell the complicated stories behind the world’s most controversial events and possible cover-ups. Conspiracy? Maybe. Coincidence? Maybe. Complicated? Absolutely. Conspiracy Theories is part of the Parcast Network and is a Cutler Media Production.
Copvcia - For a perspective and information like no place else! Iran Contra Scandal - also referred to as Irangate, Contragate or the Iran–Contra scandal, was a political scandal in the United States that occurred during the second term of the Reagan Administration. Senior administration officials secretly facilitated the sale of arms to Iran, which was the subject of an arms embargo. They hoped, thereby, to fund the Contras in Nicaragua while at the same time negotiating the release of several U.S. hostages. Under the Boland Amendment, further funding of the Contras by the government had been prohibited by Congress. Iran-Contra Affair
- The Iran-Contra Affair was a secret U.S. arms deal that traded missiles and other arms to free some Americans held hostage by terrorists in Lebanon, but also used funds from the arms deal to support armed conflict in Nicaragua. The controversial dealmaking—and the ensuing political scandal—threatened to bring down the presidency of Ronald Reagan.
JFK and The Magic Bullet - The single-bullet theory (or magic-bullet theory, as it is commonly called by its critics) was introduced by the Warren Commission in its investigation of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy to explain what happened to the bullet that struck Kennedy in the back and exited through his throat. Given the lack of damage to the presidential limousine consistent with it having been struck by a high-velocity bullet and the fact that Texas Governor John Connally was wounded and was seated on a jumper seat 1 1⁄2 feet (0.5 meters) in front of and slightly to the left of the president, the Commission concluded they were likely struck by the same bullet. JFK The Grand Subversion - assassination conspiracy facts evidence and proof who killed president john f photos pictures shot guman grassy knoll close-ups Warren Commission summary grand subversion re-published. JFK Assassination NEW Enhanced Grassy Knoll ( GUN-MEN ) Assassination Photos, the Magic Bullet, review and reassessment of the event and overall Facts, EXTENSIVE LIST OF LINKS The Grand Subversion. List of Conspiracy Theories
- Many unproven conspiracy theories exist with varying degrees of popularity, frequently related to clandestine government plans and elaborate murder plots. Conspiracy theories usually deny consensus or cannot be proven using the historical or scientific method, and are not to be confused with research concerning verified conspiracies such as Germany's pretense for invading Poland in World War II. Conspiracy theory is often considered the opposite of institutional analysis.
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Disappeared on 8 March 2014, after departing from Kuala Lumpur for Beijing with 227 passengers and 12 crew members on board. Malaysia's Prime Minister, Najib Razak, has stated that the aircraft's flight ended somewhere in the Indian Ocean, but no further explanation has been given. Official announcements have been questioned by many critics, and several theories about the disappearance have been proposed. Some of these have been described as conspiracy theories. The incident remains under investigation.
Martin Luther King - Who killed Dr. Martin Luther King - In the five decades since Martin Luther King Jr. was shot dead by an assassin at age 39, his children have worked tirelessly to preserve his legacy, sometimes with sharply different views on how best to do that. But they are unanimous on one key point: James Earl Ray did not kill Martin Luther King. Prescott Bush - Some facts about Prescott Sheldon Bush - It is unclear whether Bush was aware of Thyssen's Nazi connections or approved of them, and some historians even dispute Thyssen's allegiance to the Nazi party. Historian Herbert Parmet agrees with the assessment that Bush was not a Nazi sympathizer. SourceWatch
- We provide well-documented information about corporate public relations (PR) campaigns, including corporate front groups, people who "front" corporate campaigns, and PR operations. Please visit SourceWatch's sister websites EXPOSEDbyCMD, to find our investigations and original documents we release, PRWatch, to read our original reporting, and ALECexposed, to see our award-winning investigation of a corporate front group where corporate lobbyists actually vote as equals with elected legislators on "model" legislation to change our rights. Also, please check out the in-depth research from around the world by our partner projects within SourceWatch: Coal Swarm, and FrackSwarm.
Skull and Bones - Is an undergraduate senior secret student society at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. It is the oldest senior class landed society. The society's alumni organization, the Russell Trust Association, owns the society's real estate and oversees the organization. The society is known informally as "Bones", and members are known as "Bonesmen" TheInsider.org - News and reports on serious current Conspiracy Theories, including the New World Order, Freemasons, extraterrestrials, religion, and secret societies. Alternative news and conspiracies. The Secret History Of The Skull And Bones Society — And The Powerful Men Behind It
- Legend has it that in 1918, under cover of darkness, Yale student Prescott S. Bush, dug up the grave of Geronimo. Bush, along with several co-conspirators took the skull and two bones of the famed Apache leader back to Yale University in New Haven, Conn., where they’ve been on display at the headquarters of one of America’s most mysterious secret societies.
The Trump-Russia Affair - Donald J. Trump conspired with the Russians to help him win the 2016 U.S. Presidential election then attempted to cover it up.
Donald J. Trump used the powers of the presidency to bully Ukraine into digging up damaging information on a political rival, Democrat Joe Biden; that is an abuse of power and an impeachable offence. Donald J. Trump has corrupted the white house, the DOJ, the state department and other government departments and agencies to protect and defend Donald J. Trump. Instead of putting America first, they are putting Trump first. Anyone who is a government employee that puts Donald J. Trump before America and the constitution is not patriot. The oaths they have taking are to America and the constitution not to any individual. Anyone who puts Donald J. Trump above America and the constitution are not protecting nor defending America have broken the oath they have sworn to America and the constitution.
Trump May Be a Russian Mole - Is Trump working for Putin, does Putin have something on Trump. Donald J. Trump reuses to criticize Putin but criticize everyone one else.